House Paid Internship Program
The Committee on House Administration approved new regulations governing paid interns in the House. The Committee has adopted the following changes, effective immediately:
- Each office has a Program allowance of $25,000 per calendar year.
- Eligible Congressional Member Organizations are included.
- Program funds may be used to pay interns who work in district offices.
Interns paid through the House Paid Internship Program are subject to the same federal laws, House rules, regulations and training requirements as interns paid from the MRA. Additionally, interns paid through the House Paid Internship Program must be part of a demonstrated education program and may not be employed by the Member for more than 120 calendar days.
Note: Due to the unique circumstances regarding coronavirus, paid interns are eligible for telework. Please contact the Committee on House Administration for more information.
- E-Dear Colleague can be found HERE.
- Payroll Authorization Form can be found HERE.
- Regulations for the House Paid Internship Program can be found HERE and HERE.
For any additional questions, contact the Committee on House Administration at 202-225-2061.